Earned Income Tax (EIT)
Earned Income Tax Breakdowns
Effective February 1, 2003, Whitemarsh Township enacted a 0.5% EIT on residents and nonresidents of Whitemarsh Township.
Effective July 1, 2005, the Colonial School District enacted a 0.5% EIT on Whitemarsh Township residents and nonresidents.
Effective January 1, 2007, Whitemarsh Township enacted a 0.25% Open Space EIT used for the sole purpose of acquiring interest in real property and / or to pay debt service associated with the acquisition of real property for the purpose of preserving open space and agricultural lands.
The total combined rate (Whitemarsh Township and Colonial School District) of EIT for residents of Whitemarsh Township is 1.25% as of January 1, 2007. The total combined rate (Whitemarsh Township and Colonial School District) and open space of EIT for nonresidents of Whitemarsh Township is 1% as of July 1, 2005. The following are answers to frequently asked questions about the EIT. The township has engaged the services of Berkheimer Associates Inc. to serve as the township agent for the collection of this tax. Berkheimer can be reached at 1-800-360-8989 or online.
- When is the local tax bill due?
- Where do I pay the Colonial School District's Real Estate Tax bill?
- What is the Earned Income Tax?
- Who is taxable?
- If I am subject to the Philadelphia Wage Tax, must I also pay this tax?
- How will the Earned Income Tax be collected?
- Will I be notified when each tax installment is due?
- Is all income subject to the tax?
- Who must file a quarterly return?
- Who must file a final return?
- What happens if I do not pay or file the required returns?
- Must I file if I receive no taxable income?
- Which employers are required to withhold the tax from their employees?
- Must those subject to withholding do anything else?
- If my work status should change from an employer who as been withholding, to an employer in an area who does not withhold, what do I do?
- What happens if I overestimate or underestimate my income?
- Are non-residents taxable?
- Is there any minimum or maximum income or age group/
- Does Whitemarsh Township have an Earned Income Tax (EIT)?
616 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
Real Estate Tax Payments
P.O. Box 95000-5235
Philadelphia, PA 19195-5235
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2019 REAL ESTATE TAX BILL DUE DATES:
The last day for Discount Period payments for 2019 County and Township Real Estate Tax will be on Tuesday April 30, 2019. Payments not made on or before April 30, 2019 will not be eligible for the 2% discount.
Payments received or postmarked after April 30, 2019 will be applied to the face period and must satisfy the face period amount . Payments can be made here at the Township at Whitemarsh Township Tax Collection window between 8:30 and 4:30 Monday through Friday.
If payments are made by mail, the payment must be post marked by midnight April 30, 2019 in order to receive the discount.