A message from Township Public Works Director John Fields
A number of years ago, we have made changes to our leaf collection schedule. We do not have a specific day that we will be on certain roads or developments. We now have 5 or 6 trucks on the road every work day collecting leaves. The Township is divided into 4 sections and we place a truck in every section, with anticipation of a truck getting to every road in the Township once a week. As the falling leaves get heavier, it will take a little longer to get to every road. The Township will continue to collect leaves until they are all picked up.
A few things to keep in mind during these challenging times, during this year’s Leaf Collection are:
- Place your loose raked leaves curbside.
- No bagged leaves will be collected.
- Please do not place any wood, tree branches or tall grass in the piles.
- The crews do not vacuum the whole curb line, only piles.
- Holidays and bad weather slow the crews down.
- Public Work crews do not collect leaves from between or around parked vehicles.
Once all leaves are collected, the Public Works crews will walk and vacuum all curb lines as part of our last collection, usually sometime in December or January.
We appreciate your patience and please call the Public Works Department at 610-825-3424 if you have any questions.