The Finance Department is responsible for the administration of activities pertaining to the receipt, expenditure, accounting, investment, custody and control of municipal funds and assets. The Finance Department performs the following functions:
- Collects and receives all taxes and other moneys due or receivable by the township or authorizes other municipal or service units to do so under prescribed procedures
- Develop all tax rolls, which are not prepared by other political subdivisions of the Commonwealth
- Administer a system for the collection of municipal tax claims and liens in accordance with law
- Maintain a uniform accounting system in accordance with the Pennsylvania State chart of accounts and generally accepted principles of governmental accounting
- Prepare books and records in accordance with generally accepted principle of governmental accounting
- Prepare and disburse all payments for authorized expenditures and payrolls
- Deposit moneys in depositories authorized by the Board of Supervisors, consistent with generally accepted governmental financial practices
- Provide for the prudent investment of moneys in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and reporting of financial plans and budgets
- Assist in the administration of the purchasing system and Township contracts
- Advise the Township Manager and Board of Supervisors on Township fiscal matters
Taxpayer Bill of Rights & Appeal Petition (Individual and Business Privilege Tax)
Information on taxpayers' Bill of Rights and process for a refund / appeal petition can be found in the following links:
Whitemarsh Township Achieves Aaa Credit Rating From Moody's
616 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
Berkheimer - Bridgeport Office
Hours: 9:00AM-12:30PM; 1:30PM-4:00PM
62 West 4th Street
Bridgeport, PA 19405
Real Estate Tax Payments
P.O. Box 25144
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5144
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2022 REAL ESTATE TAX BILL DUE DATES:
The last day for Discount Period payments for 2022 County and Township Real Estate Tax will be on Saturday, April 30, 2022. Payments not made on or before April 30, 2021 will not be eligible for the 2% discount.
Payments received or postmarked after April 30, 2022 will be applied to the face period and must satisfy the face period amount . Payments can be made one of three ways: By-mail, online, or in-person. Please note, in-person payments should be made at the Berkheimer office in Bridgeport. The Township Building can accept payments, but cannot provide a receipt.
If payments are made by mail, the payment must be post marked by midnight April 30, 2022 in order to receive the discount.