The Finance Department is responsible for the administration of activities pertaining to the receipt, expenditure, accounting, investment, custody and control of municipal funds and assets. The Finance Department performs the following functions:
- Collects and receives all taxes and other moneys due or receivable by the township or authorizes other municipal or service units to do so under prescribed procedures
- Develop all tax rolls, which are not prepared by other political subdivisions of the Commonwealth
- Administer a system for the collection of municipal tax claims and liens in accordance with law
- Maintain a uniform accounting system in accordance with the Pennsylvania State chart of accounts and generally accepted principles of governmental accounting
- Prepare books and records in accordance with generally accepted principle of governmental accounting
- Prepare and disburse all payments for authorized expenditures and payrolls
- Deposit moneys in depositories authorized by the Board of Supervisors, consistent with generally accepted governmental financial practices
- Provide for the prudent investment of moneys in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and reporting of financial plans and budgets
- Assist in the administration of the purchasing system and Township contracts
- Advise the Township Manager and Board of Supervisors on Township fiscal matters
Taxpayer Bill of Rights & Appeal Petition (Individual and Business Privilege Tax)
Information on taxpayers' Bill of Rights and process for a refund / appeal petition can be found in the following links:
Whitemarsh Township Achieves Aaa Credit Rating From Moody's
616 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
Real Estate Tax Payments
P.O. Box 95000-5235
Philadelphia, PA 19195-5235
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2019 REAL ESTATE TAX BILL DUE DATES:
The last day for Discount Period payments for 2019 County and Township Real Estate Tax will be on Tuesday April 30, 2019. Payments not made on or before April 30, 2019 will not be eligible for the 2% discount.
Payments received or postmarked after April 30, 2019 will be applied to the face period and must satisfy the face period amount . Payments can be made here at the Township at Whitemarsh Township Tax Collection window between 8:30 and 4:30 Monday through Friday.
If payments are made by mail, the payment must be post marked by midnight April 30, 2019 in order to receive the discount.