- Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors
All powers and duties of the township are exclusively vested in and exercised by the Board of Supervisors. The Board's powers and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- To adopt a budget, make appropriations for expenditures for lawful purposes and levy taxes
- To adopt and amend an Administrative Code which shall create, alter, combine and/or abolish municipal departments, boards, commissions, agencies, authorities and committees and prescribe their functions, duties and procedures
- To adopt ordinances and resolutions
- To amend or repeal any ordinance previously adopted
- To authorize the borrowing of money, except for revenue anticipation loans
- To authorize the construction of public capital improvements
- To establish, alter or abolish the rates or charges for any utility supplied by the township
- To establish, alter or amend any zoning, subdivision, land development or building regulations
- To establish, levy and collect taxes and provide the rates thereof
- To exercise the power of eminent domain
- To grant, renew or extend a franchise
- To provide for a fine or other penalty or establish a rule or regulation for the violation of which a fine or other penalty may be imposed
- To purchase, convey, lease or authorize the purchase, conveyance or lease of any real property
A member of the Board of Supervisors must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Be a registered elector of the township
- During his/her term of office hold no other elective public office nor any other compensated or appointed position in the township government
- Not have been convicted of embezzlement of public monies, bribery, perjury or other infamous crime
- Not otherwise be disqualified from office by the terms of the township's Home Rule Charter or by general law
Board of Supervisors public meetings are cablecast live on WTV (Whitemarsh TV) Comcast Channel 965 and Verizon Channel 46 on the night of the scheduled meeting and also re-cablecast everyday (at 9 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and 7 p.m. on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays). Check the WTV Schedule for details of meetings televised.
Residents can also view meetings online.
Board of Supervisors meetings are streamed live on the Whitemarsh Township YouTube page. There you will also find helpful Public Service Announcements and Instructional Videos. Please subscribe!
616 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tue Jun. 6
Tue Jun. 6
Wed Jun. 7