Whitemarsh Township Electronic Sign
Whitemarsh Township Electronic Sign Policy
This policy has been established to monitor, control, and prioritize digital sign usage in a fair and non-discriminative manner for the residents and community organizations of Whitemarsh Township. Whitemarsh Township reserves the right to refuse within its sole discretion a digital use request or application. Sign messages submitted by any organization shall not imply that Whitemarsh Township, either directly or indirectly, endorses the viewpoints expressed by the organization.
- The Township Manager’s Office is responsible for approving all messages for display on the Township’s digital sign(s) or appointing a designee who will serve as the final decision-making authority.
- The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for managing the approved messages for display on the Township’s digital sign(s). If there are questions regarding content of the message, or whether or not a group requesting use of the digital sign(s) is authorized under this policy, the Township Manager or designee will serve as the final decision-making authority.
- Requests will be approved on the basis of availability, first come, first served, and conformity to the prioritization and advertising criteria as outlined in this policy. The sign will be updated on a Monday or Tuesday based on staff availability.
- Community organization requests must be submitted through the website or email and by using the Digital Sign Advertising Request form (located on website with this policy). The request must be submitted a minimum of two weeks (business days) prior to the desired beginning display date.
- The Digital Sign Advertising Request form is located on the Township’s website – https://whitemarshtwp.org/
- In the event there are several requests for any given time period, the requests will be posted on a first come, first serviced basis as space is available. Priority will always be given to Township messages for information, services, programs, activities, and special events.
- The Township Manager, or designee, is authorized to accept or reject requests, including the content of the message, and may propose alterations to the requestor in order to comply with this policy.
- The Township reserves the right to edit content, change, or limit the time of the posting as needed. If all information is not received in accordance with the outlined procedure, the posting may not appear on the sign.
3. GENERAL INFORMATION
- The use of the digital sign is limited to the Township and Community Group/Non-Profit organizations.
- The use of the sign is limited to non-commercial information. The Township does not allow any images, pictures, or comments of an obscene, hateful, explicit, racial, abusive, defamatory or of a sexual nature or that which encourages illegal activities. Nor does it allow solicitation or advertising or messages of political or religious nature. Note that for-profit entities or companies may be highlighted as part of partnership or sponsorship agreements with the Township. These would be agreed to at the Township’s discretion.
- The design, frequency, and duration of messages are at the discretion of the Township. It would be the goal of the Township to promote messages for a week duration.
- The Township cannot be held responsible for mistakes made by individuals/groups who have submitted an incorrect request (for example: dates, times, location - of an event).
- It is the responsibility of the requestor to provide the desired display image(s) in the correct format. The Township will not edit images submitted. Messaging should be kept brief and simple to provide maximum impact given the limited space. Messages should include a contact, phone number, email address, or website for further follow-up.
4. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Any person or group using the Township’s digital sign(s) agrees to defend, indemnify, pay on behalf of, and save harmless Whitemarsh Township, its elected and appointed officials, agents, employees, and authorized volunteers against any and all claims, liability, demands, suits or loss, including attorney fees and all other connected therewith, arising out of or connected to the person’s or group’s use of the Township’s digital sign(s). A signed Liability Waiver and Release Form may be required at the discretion of Whitemarsh Township.
5. HIERARCHY OF USE
- Whitemarsh Township Departments.
- Whitemarsh Township Civic Service Organizations.
- Whitemarsh Township Youth Organizations.
- Charitable and Community based organizations based in Whitemarsh Township or serving Whitemarsh Township Residents.
- Non-Whitemarsh Township Charitable and Community based organizations.
- Other uses as approved by the Township Manager or their designee.
- There will be no fee for Township based Civic Service Organization. Note that in the event of more frequent post requirements (more than one per month) – a $10.00 administrative fee will be incurred each subsequent occurrence at the discretion of the Township.
- There will be no fee for Whitemarsh Township Youth Organizations. Note that in the event of more frequent post requirements (more than one per month) – a $10.00 administrative fee will be incurred each subsequent occurrence at the discretion of the Township.
- There will be a $10.00 administrative fee for Township non-profit charitable community organizations based in Whitemarsh Township or serving Whitemarsh Township residents.
- There will be a $25.00 administrative fee for non-resident organizations.
- Fees may be waived at the discretion of the Township Manager or his designee (example: community partners, sponsors, volunteers, etc.).
6. WAIVER OF SUBROGATION
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the applicant and its employees, officials, volunteers, agents, and representatives waive any right of recovery against Whitemarsh Township and their elected and appointed officials, officers, volunteers, consultants, agents and employees for any and all claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense (including attorney's fees) arising out of the applicant's use of the Township’s digital sign(s). Such waiver shall apply regardless of the cause of origin of the loss or damage, including the negligence of Whitemarsh Township and its elected and appointed officials, officers, volunteers, consultants, agents, and employees. The applicant shall advise its insurers of the foregoing and such waiver shall be provided under the applicant's commercial property and liability insurance policies and the applicant's workers compensation insurance policy, if any.