News Flash


Posted on: November 22, 2022

Important Heating And Carbon Monoxide Safety Reminder


The Township's Emergency Services units have responded to multiple carbon monoxide incidents due to malfunctioning fuel fired appliances; such has heaters, water heaters, and stoves recently. 

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is a byproduct of combustion. It is imperative that if you have a fuel-fired appliance (gas, propane, oil, wood) that you have carbon monoxide detectors in your home that are less than 10 years old and tested monthly. Carbon monoxide detectors should also be installed in your home if you have an attached garage with access directly from the home. Your appliances should be maintained and in proper working order. This can be done by following the manufacturers recommendations for the appliance. 

The residents that had these incidents occur had working carbon monoxide detectors and were able to request help before their families were in imminent danger. Emergency Services responds to these incidents with metering devices to detect various types of gases including oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide (sewer gas), and flammable gas (natural gas and propane). If a problem is detected they work to find the source and shut the affected appliance(s) down, sometimes with coordination with PECO. They then ventilate the building to bring the air to safe levels and verify the problem has been stopped before leaving.

If you have any questions about carbon monoxide hazards, or any other concerns, please contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 484-594-2614 or email the Fire Marshal at

Click here for tips on carbon monoxide safety

Click here for tips on heating safety 

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home


Trees Planted At Valley Green Park

Posted on: December 1, 2022
winterrecreator - Copy

Recreator Available Online

Posted on: December 1, 2022
megaphone - Copy

Shredding Event Preserves Environment

Posted on: December 1, 2022